New Functional Polymers, LLC (NFP)
We are a start-up company founded in 2009. Hui Yu is currently the president, she received her M.S. in Polymer Chemistry from Wuhan University, Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from Oklahoma State University and obtained postdoctoral training from Case Western Reserve University. She started her career in 1985 in Beijing Research Institute of Chemical Industry and developed and commercialized new polymers. From 1997 to 2008, she worked in R &D for coating resins at Cook Composites and Polymers.
MissionNew Functional Polymers (NFP) is devoted to research and development of innovative polymeric materials with unique functional properties for plastics, coatings, adhesives, ink, and flocculants. With more than 30 years of expertise in the synthesis of organic polymers we are particularly interested in new monomers and efficient polymers synthesis techniques. NFP is able to develop new generations of resins to meet the future and current challenges faced in coating and adhesive industry including:
- Molecular design and synthesis for innovative and high-performance resins
- New polymerization processes and techniques
- New monomers as basic building blocks of resins
- Transfer technology from the lab bench to commercial production line
- Fundamental understanding relationship polymeric molecular structure and performance to guide the future molecular design.
- Improving sustainability of polymers through novel raw materials, synthesis and production methodologies